cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure DMZ design - back to core switch??

trippi
Level 1
Level 1

See attachment---

This DMZ was created before I started here...it goes back into the core switch...Any idea why they would do that, is it secure?

I want to create another DMZ, I have purchased two layer 2 switches (going to team the NICs, one NIC on each DMZ switch), what is the best way to interface the new DMZ switches to the ASA DMZ...I would need to use two interfaces on ASA, then what gateway would I use?? Or should I send it back into core switch like the other DMZ?? in order to use only one asa interface...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

What I would do is the following:

On the uplink port for your new DMZ switches, put them on an access port on the core switch in VLAN 20 (Your DMZ).

Plug your server NICs into the DMZ switches on whatever interface you want and they will automatically route through the core switch VLAN.

Use the ASA DMZ interface as your default gateway for the server. It will bounce through the core switch DMZ interface and hit the ASA.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

What I would do is the following:

On the uplink port for your new DMZ switches, put them on an access port on the core switch in VLAN 20 (Your DMZ).

Plug your server NICs into the DMZ switches on whatever interface you want and they will automatically route through the core switch VLAN.

Use the ASA DMZ interface as your default gateway for the server. It will bounce through the core switch DMZ interface and hit the ASA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: