cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SecureID and VPN 3015

kendo.igor
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VPN 3015 which is functioning normally. I also have a RSA SecureID server which my Windows 2000 users authenticate to on regular basis. I'm trying to implement VPN 3015 authentication via SecureID. I've configured the VPN concentrator to use the SecureID server by going to Configuration > System > Servers > Authentication and defined a SecureID server by providing the correct IP address and port and specifying SDI as type and given it long timeout. VPN concentrator and SecureID servers are on two different subnets which are connected and there is no restriction on the traffic between them. I can ping one from the other with no problem. When I select the defined SecureID server from within the browser-based management console and click "Test" and enter the correct username and passcode, it fails with the error: "Authentication Error: Network error". Any idea?

Thanx

1 Reply 1

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at the sample config on:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/471/sdi.html

and compare your configs. Make sure you define the VPN3015 as a client on the Secureid server. Also, check on Administration>File Management>Files

section you have the secureid file which is the node secret sent from the Secure ID server to the concentrator. If you don't have this, the communication between the concentrator and SecureID server is not happening most probably because Secureid doesn't know that the 3015 is a client.