cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security Monitor - Event Viewer - can't load class com.cisco......JApplet1

sslokey
Level 1
Level 1

TAC has informed me that I am experiencing a known bug that causes my database to keep expanding. I was told my only workaround is to re-install CiscoWorks VMS every 5-7 days. After install number 3 I tried to run Event Viewer in Security Monitor and got the error message above. Anyone ever seen this?

4 Replies 4

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott,

If I'm not wrong, you are referring to the bug id CSCea67998. This has been resolved and the fix is in the latest IDSMC/SecMon release 1.2. This requires VMS2.2 thatt can be ordered at no cost to existing VMS users.

The utility IdsDbCompact does the job of compacting the database.

On an another note, what is that that is populating the database? Are the devices properly tuned so as to send only the required alarms/events to the Secmon?

What version is the IDSMC/Secmon currently at? If at 1.1.1, please make sure that it has been patched ( The patches are on CCO, same location)

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/mgmt-ctr-ids-app

Thanks,

yatin

Thanks Yatin,

We have IDSMC/SecMon 1.1.1 with all the patches and still no go. I had my Cisco rep order VMS 2.2 and hopfully this will fix things as VMS 2.1 is a real disaster. So far we have hit 3 bugs with no workarounds.

TAC had no idea about the Java error above, have you seen or heard of it? Any ideas on how to fix it?. I could re-install Java but the error message leads me to believe that what its trying to load is supplied by Cisco and not generic to Java.

Hi Scott,

The error message is kind of generic in nature. It would take much more to see the root cause of that error, e.g the MDCSupport file. But most likely it is caused by the DB issue that you are having. Any idea how many events entries are currently in the DB? A snapshot of IDS_DbAdminAnalyzer.log under CSCopx/logs directory will help.

Thanks,

yatin

jpalani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Have you enabled SSL ?

In the 1.0 and 1.1 MC/SecMon, if you have enabled SSL, you had to make sure to change your Certificate from "Common Services" to "CiscoWorks" in order to launch the event viewer applet. If not, you would get a "JApplet1 not found" error message. The fix for this has been release noted and and you would often have to run these steps to fix this problem:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/vpnman/vms_2_1/idsmc/relnote/idsrn.htm#83717

With MC/SecMon 1.2, changes to the 2.2 CMF infrastructure have made this problem disappear.

Thanks,

Jayashree