cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security: PIX Upgrade 6.3 (4) to Pix 7.0

smartin
Level 1
Level 1

This Sunday morning I'm upgrading our PIX to version 7.0. Any problems I should look for before, during or after the upgrade.

7 Replies 7

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

Have you upgraded the memory ?

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix

Memory Upgrade Part Numbers: PIX-MEM-5XX-128= [Covers: PIX-520 for releases 5.2 and 6.0-6.3]

PIX-FLASH-16MB= [Covers: PIX-520 for releases 5.2 and 6.0-6.3]

PIX-515-MEM-32= [Covers: PIX-515/515E Restricted models for release 7.0+]

PIX-515-MEM-128= [Covers: PIX-515/515E Failover and Unrestricted models for release 7.0

Guide to upgarde:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_70/pix_upgd/pixupgrd.htm

sincerely

Patrick

I'm running PIX 525 version 6.3(4) with 256 MB RAM & 16 MB Flash so I should be OK. More concern about NAT statements & 4 interfaces connections.

Hi there, I'm going to be doing the same thing here shortly with moving 6.3(3) to 7.0(2).

Just curious, how'd your upgrade go? Can you give me any heads up on anything? Did you install the new ASDM as well? How's it working for ya?

Thanks for any advice..

-scott

I had to reschedule the upgrade until this weekend. I will also be installing ASDM. I will send you an email with my results if you want.

Hey, i just finished mine like an hour ago. Went smooth as ever. Everything converted fine just like the manual said.

One thing, don't forget to copy the pix702.bin over to the pix after the upgrade and issue the boot system flash:pix702.bin along with the write mem

other then that, whole thing took about 20 minutes.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, make sure to get the new ADSM v5.02 i think(replaces the PDM) it's sooooo much nicer than that slow pdm.

Yeah I did mines last Friday and it took about 20 to 30 minutes. Just follow the manual and you will be ok

mikevk
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently planning a 6.3 to 7 software upgrade for two pairs of PIX 525 FO - I've worked my way through most of the the online documentation, but am still pleased to read about other people saying it was painless. Will post here once completed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card