cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending router alarms to IEV or CPSM via PostOffice

cmorosusa
Level 1
Level 1

Can that be done (Sending router alarms to IEV or CPSM via PostOffice)? I was trying to configure a 2621 with IP PLUS FW/IDS 12.2(8)T for postoffice interaction, but the command "ip audit po local" does not include parameters to configure Host Name and Org Name...those parameters are required by IEV.

4 Replies 4

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The "ip audit po local" command should have parameters for Host name and Org name.

If it does not, then you may want to try contacting the TAC. This could be a bug.

Also make sure that you do have the right IOS image, and IDS is supported in that image.

For more information on configuring, try the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120t/120t5/iosfw2/ios_ids.htm#xtocid9

Thanks for your response, Marco. I could not find, however, a reference to host NAME and org NAME in the link you provided. The command does include parameters to set the host ID and org ID, but not the host NAME and org NAME.

Have you done this? Have you sent router alarms to IEV and CSPM via postoffice?

Thanks again !

My confusion. I always get Host Name and Host ID mixed up.

The Host Name and Org Name fields are not used when configuring with the IOS Commands. Only the Host ID and Org ID fields are used in the IOS commands.

When adding the rotuer to IEV, you can make up any name you want for Host Name, and Org Name.

Caveats:

Host Name must be unique per router/sensor

All routers/sensors with same Org ID must have the same Org Name.

The actual communication between IEV/CSPM and the router relies on the Host ID and Org ID. So these need to match in the IEV/CSPM config and the router configs.

The Host Name and Org Name, however, are just additional information.

They are just so the user sees names instead of just numbers.

So configure your router with the IDs, then add it to CSPM/IEV using the same IDs and give it any name you want.

Sorry for all the confusion.

No problem, I'll test it and see how it works

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: