cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sensor version not known to IDS MC

sboukef
Level 1
Level 1

The 4215 IDS sensor is version : 4.1(1)S47. The IDS MC (version 1.2) does not know this version and recommends a signature update.

I downloaded the file IDS-K9-min-4.1-1-S47.rpm.pkg from Cisco web site and tried to update the signature according to the ReadMe file instructions.

I got the following message :

"Object update failed. The update package provided appears to be corrupt, or permission was denied for reading the file. Please verify the update package contents and retry the operation."

I checked the MD5 checksum of the downloaded file and it is OK. I tried to download the file again and I got truncated versions (size about 256 Kb).

Am I using the correct file ? How can I get the right version of the file ? Am I missing any parameter ?

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

csailer
Level 1
Level 1

What you have is the actual update package for the sensor itself. If you are using MC to push updates, you need the package from the following location:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=cisco/crypto/3DES/cw2000/mgmt-ctr/ids/ids4updates/IDS-K9-min-4.1-1-S47.zip&swtype=FCS&software_products_url=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftablebuild.pl%2Fmgmt-ctr-ids-ids4updates&isChild=&appName=&tbty...

This contains the files necessary to properly update MC along with the actual update package that will be pushed to the sensor.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

csailer
Level 1
Level 1

What you have is the actual update package for the sensor itself. If you are using MC to push updates, you need the package from the following location:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=cisco/crypto/3DES/cw2000/mgmt-ctr/ids/ids4updates/IDS-K9-min-4.1-1-S47.zip&swtype=FCS&software_products_url=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftablebuild.pl%2Fmgmt-ctr-ids-ids4updates&isChild=&appName=&tbty...

This contains the files necessary to properly update MC along with the actual update package that will be pushed to the sensor.