Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

setup of Cisco vpn client broke PPTP client on PIX

sh ver

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3)

Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(1)

Compiled on Wed 13-Aug-03 13:55 by morlee

MERICHEM-FW up 44 days 17 hours

Hardware: PIX-515E, 64 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 433 MHz

Flash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MB

BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

0: ethernet0: address is 0014.69e9.56ff, irq 10

1: ethernet1: address is 0014.69e9.5700, irq 11

2: ethernet2: address is 000e.0c77.1e2c, irq 11

Licensed Features:

Failover: Disabled

VPN-DES: Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES: Disabled

Maximum Physical Interfaces: 3

Maximum Interfaces: 5

Cut-through Proxy: Enabled

Guards: Enabled

URL-filtering: Enabled

Inside Hosts: Unlimited

Throughput: Unlimited

IKE peers: Unlimited

This PIX has a Restricted (R) license.

Serial Number: 809214662 (0x303ba2c6)

Running Activation Key: 0x2ec45264 0x8aed240b 0x87698a83 0x9a4c8db0

Configuration last modified by enable_15 at 13:49:23.040 CST Thu Dec 22 2005

Shown above is the version info. My client has a Cisco 515 that had the configuration set up and working for PPTP client access. There was a need to setup access for Cisco vpn client to support the network remotely from behind a firewall. The Cisco Vpn access works to connect to the PIx and I can manage the devices internal to the network. The PPTP clients Connect to the PIX now however I can't ping any devices or telnet to any devices. I have looked at the new configuration and the configuration before I added the setup for the Cisco vpn client. All the lines from the previous PPTP setup are still in the configuration. The only thing is that they share the same ip pool which is the same as the Cisco doc that explains the setup of the different clients.

2 REPLIES

Re: setup of Cisco vpn client broke PPTP client on PIX

Hi

Are you able to ping up ur new VPN Clients which are getting connected in addition to the PPTP clients ?

if not then can you add isakmp nat-traversal in ur config and try pinging the clients ??

regds

Re: setup of Cisco vpn client broke PPTP client on PIX

I do have the isakmp nat-traversal in the configuration, The Cisco VPN clients work fine . It is the PPTP clients that connect but are non functional can't ping the inside network addresses or Telnet to any device to manage.and they worked fine before I added the setup for the vpn clients.They get an address from the ip pool and stay connected but that is all the PPTP clients can do.

Views
Helpful
Replies