cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sig:15 Protocol Violation

GregLear57
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with my remote sites using 1811 routers. With the "Detect noncompliant HTTP traffic" option checked under application security, they are unable to go to yahoo.com and I see the Sig:15 Protocol violation when they attempt. Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Can you disable the HTTP inspection and try again,

Regards,

Yes, I have it disabled at the moment and there is not a problem getting to yahoo with it disabled. I am wondering why it would do this though. Thanks for the reply.

rmeans
Level 3
Level 3

Check where you have applied your HTTP inspection policy. Typically HTTP is inspected inbound on the WAN or ISP link.

OK this is the default configuration, and it is only associated with FE0 outbound which is the ISP connection. It will allow me to associate it with inbound but will not let me deselect outbound. I changed it using the CLI. Odd though that the SDM still shows it associated with FE0 out instead of in. Thanks for the response.

Good to know that this solved the problem. DO you have the latest Cisco PIX IOS 6.3(4)?

Try upgrading to this version maybe the problem will be solved.

Please rate the post if I could help,

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: