cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous L2TP tunnels on a 2610?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I need to create a VPDN with L2TP and no encryption, for a total of 1200 users, and I can have some hundreds of them connected at the same time.

I could only find documentation saying the max number of encrypted IPSec Tunnels with AIM & NM-VPN module. Without the module how many L2TP simple tunnels can I have on a 2600 ou 3600 ?

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

In terms of performance, there should be

no difference between a tunnel and a

session. 2,000 tunnels of one session each or

one tunnel with 2,000 sessions should consume

roughly the same resources.

The highest number of sessions in one L2TP tunnel

that I have seen advertised are:

c2620 288

c3640 790

c3662 1390

You can control this by

vpdn session-limit , which sets the

maximum number of simultaneous total VPDN sessions

(NAS OR HGW).

paqiu
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco L2TP supports unlimited sessions on the LACs and can support more than 2000 sessions on a single LNS on a given Cisco router platform.

The VPN module only is using for encrytion and decryption, purely L2TP without IPSEC has nothing do with VPN module.

So the answer is with or without VPN module, the L2TP tunnels will be 2000 sessions.

paqiu
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco L2TP supports unlimited sessions on the LACs and can support more than 2000 sessions on a single LNS on a given Cisco router platform.

The VPN module is only using for encrytion and decryption, purely L2TP without IPSEC has nothing do with VPN module.

So the answer is with or without VPN module, the L2TP tunnels will be 2000 sessions on a 2600 or 3600

paqiu
Level 1
Level 1

The VPN module is only using for encrytion and decryption, purely L2TP without IPSEC has nothing do with VPN module.

So the answer is with or without VPN module, the L2TP tunnels will be 2000 sessions on a 2600 or 3600