cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single login to NT Domain for VPN client using VPN Concentrator

angjoo
Level 1
Level 1

Can single login to NT Domain be achieved when I am using VPN client (ver. 3.63). The OS on the client is Win2k Professional, server is on windows 2000, VPN concentrator 3005.

Is there any documents on these? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

kdurrett
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry, this feature isn't available and probably wont be. The authentication on the concentrator is used only for user authentication to bring up a client tunnel and has no connection with NT logon. Hope this helps.

Kurtis Durrett

d.ksaini
Level 1
Level 1

I think you are trying to log on to domain using vpn client and wants windows authentication. There is a setting in the vpn client Options -- Windows Logon Properties -- Enable start before logon

This way you can set up a vpn session to the network and then you can log in to the Domain, since your vpn connection to the network is already been established before windows login session

Let me know if this helps!!

D. K. Saini

thanks for your response. I'm using external (NT domain) for authentication for my VPN client and I've tried the feature you've mentioned. But my client was sugguesting if it is possible to have a single login that is able to establish the VPN tunnel and at the sametime login to the NT domain.