Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site - PIX/VPN3005

dberlin8016
Level 1
Level 1

NetPros,

I have been tasked with looking into what is required (hardware, software, time, $$$) to set up a persistent site-to-site VPN tunnel between our office and an office that will be coming online around 01.01.06. Our office uses a VPN3005 for remote user VPN connectivity, the "branch office" uses a PIX (no version, sorry!) firewall for remote user VPN connectivity.

I have a meeting in the morning to begin discussing this persistent connection.

Can you Pros point me to any documentation or give me a push in the right direction?

Again, they want me to get them a list of required hardware (if any additional), software (if any additional), time needed to stand up connection, and any $$$ that may be needed to get this off the ground.

HELP! Please!

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

providing your office has a concentrator; while the other has a pix. depending on the number of user, but generally you don't have to purchase any extra hardware. however you do need to look at the pix licence. the objective is to identify whether the pix is licenced for des, 3des or aes, as your company may have a policy on encryption standard.

to view the current licence, do a "sh ver" on the pix.

time required really depends on the skill level, and if you've prepared it well. if you need further assistance with the code, let us know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: