cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

site to site using SDM (2nd router not directly on the net)

newranakor
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to create a site to site vpn using SDM on 2 cisco 851W , i have no prior experience with cisco routers or pretty much anything networking related so going with the GUI tools seemed like the right path.

Both routers are behind a modem , one of them is directly connected to the net (it's wan port ip is my internet ip) while the 2nd one is behind a router modem on wich you can't disable routing (& that holds the ip). In each case the cisco router handles the dhcp for his itnernal network.

site 1:

modem -> routerWAN (82.X.X.X) -> router BVI1(192.168.1.1/24)

site 2:

modemWAN(82.X.X.X) -> modem(192.168.1.1-> routerWAN (192.168.1.2)-> routerBVI(192.168.2.1) -> pcs (192.168.2.2-192.168.2.255)

what i want is a vpn that bridges both lans (192.168.1.X on site 1 and 192.168.2.X on site 2) together , i created a vpn tunnel using the quick setup site to site wizard using the settings shown in this image:

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ciscola5.jpg">link to my setup

But as you can see i'm getting tunnel down.Am i supposed to activate the tunnel somehow? Or is it just missconfigured? I'm doing this for a friend's small company with no IT department & it really needs to work by wednesday wich is getting pretty close so any help is really apreciated.

1 Reply 1

newranakor
Level 1
Level 1

router config files if that helps(in attachment)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: