Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Site to Site VPN and a Windows Domain

I am about to setup a site to site VPN between a home office (Pix 506e, v6.3.5) and a remote office (Pix 501, v6.3.5). Both locations will have their own static public ip address and will be on the same isp. I have done this type of setup before, but never where the remote site PCs are joined to the domain (Server 2003) originating in the home office (no domain controller at remote office at first). To accomplish this will I need to still have both locations on different IP schemes? If they are on different IP schemes will DNS (very important in an Active Directory enviornment) work correctly? Also if they are on different IP schemes can I still have the remote office point to the home office server for their DNS since there will not be a second DC at first?

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

2 REPLIES

Re: Site to Site VPN and a Windows Domain

You can have different IP schemes. The only requirement is that the routing should be in place. Just to make sure you dont have any issue with DNS and ADS, go to Active Directory/Sites and Services...Add a new Site (remote site) and also drill downt o SUBNETs and add the remote site's IP subnet in there....And yes as long as both the sites have no restrictions with DNS traffic, you can point remote office machines to the Home Office's DNS server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content