cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site VPN and Citrix Metaframe Server

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client who's using Cisco Pix to do site to site VPN with there remote sites. They are trying to connect to a Citrix Server and are having an issue connecting to Citrix. They can access any other server on the Head End site except for the Citrix Server. I can ping the server and remote into it, but cannot connect to the server with Citrix. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Tony

Have you allowed the ports being used for Citrix access using access list in the PIX firewall.

Since the connections are getting originated from the outside world you need to allow the relevant ports related to Citrix access.

Since you are able to ping the server the connectivity is there the only missing part will be the access restriction which comes in default with PIX.

regds

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tony,

Its hard to say what the problem might be. But since you have IP Connectivity between the client and server, I would check the Path MTU.

Try pinging from the client with packets of different sizes and tweak the MTU value accordingly. For example:

ping -f -l 1500 IPAddress

Regards,

Arul

pmajumder
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I would check the log to see where the deny is. However, as suggested you should ensure you are allowing Citrix ports specifically ICA port 1494.

Regards

Pradeep