Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

site-to-site VPN and Win XP

We set up a VPN connection between our home office and one of our branch offices. Each site has a PIX 506 configured for a site-to-site VPN. There is a PDC at the home office and a BDC at the branch office, both NT 4.0.

The client PC's at the branch office are a mixture of Win 98 and Win 2000 pro and everything was working great. We've started to upgrade the branch office PC's to Win XP, and we are finding that we are unable to join the computers to the NT domain. The client computers are able to ping resources on the home network, and name resolution is also working. On a hunch, I took one of the branch office PC's back to the home office, joined it to the domain there, then installed it back at the branch office. It was able to log into the domain without any trouble.

While I have a workaround for now, I need an answer to this problem, as we will be doing the same upgrades in a branch office that is a lot farther away. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: site-to-site VPN and Win XP

Maybe. I don’t thing this has anything to do with you vpn. I thing you have to look at the fact that NT 4 is using WINS and NetBIOS. Have you upgrade the server at the Branch office? Try to use a host/lmhost file on 1 pc at the Branch office (just for test).

Community Member

Re: site-to-site VPN and Win XP

Has anyone solved this? I am having the same exact problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content