Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Site to site vpn connection is suddenly very slow

I have PIX 515 and I have vpn connection to our branch office which has 525. All the vpn connection worked fine until now. Suddenly my connection to other part is very very slow. I can reach the other office server in 110ms through the internet (external ip) and in 3000ms with the internal ip (vpn). Does someone has an explanation?

3 REPLIES

Re: Site to site vpn connection is suddenly very slow

Why don't you check the health of the PIX

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/pixperformance.html

If the PIX is using an ADSL connection, there may be an issue with MTU settings. Larger packet that need to be fragmented may be dropped at the Provider side that is not allow to pass a certain size of the packet.

Just a thought , if ADSL conn. contributes to your problem, because we have the same "slow connection" problem before.

Regards,

The problem is actually solved. We're using lease line connection 1MB. The problem was that our ISP was scanning the communication in order to check the applications that are running through the router and to give them a priority. The software they used for this purpose was actually causing the slow performance of the vpn. When they stopped it, eveything was fine again.

Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies