Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smartnet contract question

Dear all,

I have a ASA-5520 with a SSM-10 module. I need to renew my contract smartnet but only to support IPS Signature and Engine Updates . I found 2 different contract and i'm a bit confused. Can anybody help me ?

CON-SU1-AS2A10K9

and

CON-SU1-ASIP10K9

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The first SKU (CON-SU1-AS2A10K9) is a bundled support contract for the base ASA and IPS module (including the software subscription for software and signature updates).

The other one is for the IPS SSM (with software and signature updates) separate from the ASA. It's designed for a customer that already has the ASA covered, possibly under a separate service contract. Cisco will generally require that the base ASA unit be covered by SMARTnet before they will sell you the IPS support.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi.

I think it's better if you contact Cisco Customer service directly , they should be able to provide you the best contract for you.

You can call to the number  1-800-553-6387 or go to the live chat on the webpage cisco.com

Regards ,

Hi cpapageorg, you will need to have your serial number ready when you call Customer Service dept. I can also assist you with getting the details. Feel free to contact me directly so we can make sure on the right contract number that you need to renew and the association process. Hope to hear from you!

Regards,

Angela

ageralde@cisco.com

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The first SKU (CON-SU1-AS2A10K9) is a bundled support contract for the base ASA and IPS module (including the software subscription for software and signature updates).

The other one is for the IPS SSM (with software and signature updates) separate from the ASA. It's designed for a customer that already has the ASA covered, possibly under a separate service contract. Cisco will generally require that the base ASA unit be covered by SMARTnet before they will sell you the IPS support.

Thank you Marvin for your information.

As i understand you can not buy a contract "CON-SU1-ASIP10K9" without a covered ASA ?

Regards

That is correct.

Of course Cisco can make exceptions but that is usually not done without strong justification.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: