cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smartnet status?

cmalmstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to post this here, but I can't seem to find any information on this, and there doesn't seem to be a better place to ask.

I recently started working with a client who has a PIX firewall in their network, but doesn't know if it is still under warranty. Is there a warranty/smartnet lookup tool I could use to check the warranty status on this device? Or some other method that would let me know?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Chris, if your client does not have Smarnet service contract or is not sure whether one exists or not your best bet is to contact directly TAC technical support center, if indeed your client has a service contract number TAC will find out what that service contract number is by looking at company name or PIX serial number and provide you with more information on wanranty etc..

Go to this link and contact TAC directly

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/687/Directory/DirTAC.shtml

Also, you may want to have your PIX serial number handy and Company name as well.

On your PIX issue show version

at bottom of show version output you shoudl see PIX serial number simmilar to this:

Serial Number: 795161719 (0x301bb19d)

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

I'll do that - thanks for the help!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: