cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Community with RW on PIX 525

gaban
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure SNMP on PIX 525 and Use Solarwinds tool to download the config. When I try to download the config it tells me that the community string has only read rights. Is there a way give RW in PIX like in the routers?

thanks,

gilbert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For free you can use Kiwi CatTools. You give it usernames/passwords and it can log into just about any Cisco device and download the config. It can even create diff reports on configs. YOu can also provide it with a set of commands you'd like it to log into provided devices and execute them. It's from the same folks who make the often favorite Kiwi Syslogd.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

I believe the pix is still RO for SNMP

shannong
Level 4
Level 4

The Pix is read-only. Providing write access via SNMP to your firewall is a pretty scary proposition as anybody could spoof your address and get your config.

The Pix only supports very basic read-only SNMP for monitoring things like cpu, memory, connections, xlates, etc.

gaban
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to download config automatically via a management tool? I use solarwinds to Download config of our routers via snmp. We don't have ciscoworks.

For free you can use Kiwi CatTools. You give it usernames/passwords and it can log into just about any Cisco device and download the config. It can even create diff reports on configs. YOu can also provide it with a set of commands you'd like it to log into provided devices and execute them. It's from the same folks who make the often favorite Kiwi Syslogd.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card