Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP configuration on ACS appliance

paulkeestra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm trying to configure SNMP on an ACS appliance(System configuration => Appliance configuration => SNMP agent). There is also an option "accept SNMP packets from selected hosts". When i enter an IP adress in the "Host Address" field, i receive the following error:

One or more IP addresses are invalid. Use a (,) as a delimiter between IP's. Wildcards are not allowed.

The ip address i'm entering is just in the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx format. Also tried 2 addresses, with a comma as delimiter, but still the same error.

Has anyone expierenced the same error on an appliance? The software version i'm using is 4.1.4-13

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

It's a build in Win SNMP service.

verify the following.

1.SNMP Communities box, enter the community strings for SNMP. With the exception of the comma(,), all characters are valid. You must use a comma (,) separator between community strings.

2.In the Host Addresses box, enter the specific SNMP client host addresses. You must use a comma (,) delimiter between host addresses

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: