cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP configuration on CISCO routers with IOS older then 12.2

karpynik123
Level 1
Level 1

I have some problem. I configured several snmp commands on router with IOS 12.3(5d). I tried it on CISCO 1701 and Cisco 2621XM. These are the commands:

snmp-server community test1 RO 10

snmp-server community test2 RW 11

access-list 10 permit 10.10.10.10

access-list 11 permit 10.10.10.10

Then I try to make snmp request to this router using some ip tool from computer with ip 10.20.20.20 (for example) and i get response from the router. It doesn't matter what is the response the most important is that I get response. When I used IOS 12.4 (7) I had got the same response. But when I used 12.2 version, router did not reply to my snmp packets - and I think it should be the right behaviour. Anyway may be it is new IOS feature - to reply to the PC's snmp request though it's ip is not allowed in access-lists. Could you help me and clarify this. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Can you let me know the tool through which you have sent the snmp request?. Because, I believe the tool also has some part to play here with this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: