Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Upgrade for VPN3005 Concentrator

mixa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to this technology and still in the process of learning. The boss asked me to upgrade our current 3.6 software to the latest one, 4.0.1. The document is pretty straight forward;however, the clients are still running 3.5. We also have site to site VPN with other cisco Pix Firewalls. Would upgrading this new software on the VPN3005 will have impact on the clients, VPN site to site? Do i have to reconfigure the tunnels?

Thanks,

Mixa

4 Replies 4

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

I had problems, when i upgraded VPN 3005 to version 4.01. Clients using microsoft PPTP Client and using UPN names (e.g. test.test@test.com) couldn't connect. VPN was sending truncated usernames to RADIUS server.

I have TAC ticket open but no resolution has been found yet.

\\ Naman

Naman,

We only have Cisco VPN 3.5.x IPSEC client to connect to the concentrator. What I am afraid that the procedures to update will disassociate the tunnels to remote sites. When you updated your concentrator, did you have to reconfigured everything or the config works with the new software image?

Thanks,

Mixa

Actually the Tunnels worked fine without any problem. Old config would work after the upgrade, you don't have to re-configure.

Regards

\\ Naman

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try this weekend.