Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about VPN

Hi:

I have the following questions:

- Some devices are said to support a number of simultaneous IPSec tunnels, like PIXs, so wich is the command to view the number of active tunnels? In PIXs and in routers.

- I red somewhere that using the EasyVPN concept at least four tunnels are created. Is that true? PIX 501 support 5 simultaneous tunnels. Do this mean that I can use the 501 to make a tunnel using EasyVPN and a tunnel using traditional VPN?

- Can a 501 with soft v6.2.2 support a LAN-to-LAN IPSec VPN (not EasyVPN) and two VPN Clients 3.5 simultaneously? If not, wich device can do it? An 805, 1710,...?

- Wich is the smallest device to support GRE, IPX and IPSec (I red Configuring IPSec with EIGRP and IPX Using GRE Tunneling)

Thanks in advance,

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Some questions about VPN

- Some devices are said to support a number of simultaneous IPSec tunnels, like PIXs, so wich is the command to view the number of active tunnels? In PIXs and in routers.

Command in both boxes is "show cry ipsec sa". The routers have another version also that gives you limited information but all on a few lines, "sho cry eng conn act"

- I red somewhere that using the EasyVPN concept at least four tunnels are created. Is that true? PIX 501 support 5 simultaneous tunnels. Do this mean that I can use the 501 to make a tunnel using EasyVPN and a tunnel using traditional VPN?

501 supports 5 IKE peers, so you can have 5 tunnels (including multiple SA's) to 5 different peers at once. You can't have an EzVPn client VPN setup and a L2L VPN setup at the same time though.

- Can a 501 with soft v6.2.2 support a LAN-to-LAN IPSec VPN (not EasyVPN) and two VPN Clients 3.5 simultaneously? If not, wich device can do it? An 805, 1710,...?

Yes, it will.

- Wich is the smallest device to support GRE, IPX and IPSec (I red Configuring IPSec with EIGRP and IPX Using GRE Tunneling)

Only routers will do this, PIX's won't. Probably something in the 800 series is the smallest/cheapest, then up to the 1700 series or so.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content