cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SonicWall (SafeNet) VPN Client with the VPN3005 Concentrator

mkoponick
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working with a client that has a number of SonicWalls deployed and also a 3005 VPN Concentrator. Since they have many mobile users, they don't want to have people install/uninstall clients to connect to the different devices. Since we are moving them towards more Cisco gear, I would rather have the SonicWall Client connect to the 3005 until they have migrated off of the SonicWall unit.

Has anyone done this in the past? Or have a good example? I have found examples for the PIX and router products, but nothing for the 3005.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

1 Reply 1

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

A couple of options can be explored here:

1. You can use a CVPN3002 Hardware client at the site where you have Sonicwall clients and connect to the VPN3000 using that.

2. Additionally you can use the machine which has the Sonicwall client to connect using Microsoft PPTP client which exists on all machines by default and has been confirmed/tested to work with the CVPN3000

3. If the Sonicwall low end device is capable of doing a Site-to-Site tunnel (like the 800 routers or PIX501's) , you can also try doing that.

These options donot include connecting the Sonicwall VPN client to the CVPN3000, as they are different vendor implementations and have not been tested to work.

Hope these options do help,

Let me know if you need any clarification,

Regards,

Aamir Waheed,

Cisco Systems, Inc.

CCIE#8933

-=-=-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: