Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssh config

I'm trying to config ssh on a 6500 running IOS. All docs on cisco site indicate using 'set' command to start this, but, switch doesn't recognise this command. Does anyone have an answer to this? Is there a specific module I need? Am I looking in the wrong place? Or am I just going mad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: ssh config

Acutally each version of IOS has several "flavors" if you will. For example,

IP, Advanced IP Services, IP Voice and so on. You can tell by the file name you have to identify the feature set as it is called. If you post the file name I can look to see if your feature set includes SSH support.

file name will be something like this: c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.123-14.T4

Steve

7 REPLIES
Silver

This is the configuration information you need. Ignore the fact that it says router, it's still IOS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk617/technologies_tech_note09186a00800949e2.shtml

Hope this helps.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the gen, tried that already!! Doesn't take the 'cry' command..

Did manage to config for telnet though, standalone network so no security issues yet. Anywhere else that you can suggest looking?

Joe

Silver

Joe,

Your version of software may not support it. What is the full file name from a show version?

Steve

Steve,

Full version is 12.2(17a)SX3.

Had a look at this, but as this functionality was from a previous release, didn't think it was an issue.

Cheers

Joe

Silver

Acutally each version of IOS has several "flavors" if you will. For example,

IP, Advanced IP Services, IP Voice and so on. You can tell by the file name you have to identify the feature set as it is called. If you post the file name I can look to see if your feature set includes SSH support.

file name will be something like this: c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.123-14.T4

Steve

Steve,

s72033_rp-PK9SV-mz-122.17a.SX3

that's it?

Cheers

Joe

Hall of Fame Super Silver

The K9 in the file name generally indicates that this feature set includes encryption capability. The software advisor on CCO indicates that this feature set is IP MPLS, IPv6, and BGP and includes SSH. So I am surprised that the crypto command is not recognized.

Perhaps you can post the complete output of show version. And perhaps you can post the terminal output of your attempt to configure crypto and the response that you get.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content