cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH on non admin context

vramanaiah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, In FWSM 3.1 code, can i ssh to a non-admin context directly? Is it supported?

I am able to ssh to the admin context, but with same configs, i couldnt connect to the other contexts directly..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you certainly should be able to SSH directly to a context. The only difference with SSH'ing to a non-admin context is that you only get access to that context, you can't change contexts like you can if you SSH ito the admin context. The theory behind this is that ISP's can provide access for a customer directly into their context without fear that they could get into someone else's context.

As for why it's not working, try running "debug ssh" and see what it says.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you certainly should be able to SSH directly to a context. The only difference with SSH'ing to a non-admin context is that you only get access to that context, you can't change contexts like you can if you SSH ito the admin context. The theory behind this is that ISP's can provide access for a customer directly into their context without fear that they could get into someone else's context.

As for why it's not working, try running "debug ssh" and see what it says.

Thanks for ur response. It is working now.. I overlooked the rsa key generation part...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: