cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH to ASA while VPN in?

mx
Level 1
Level 1

HI there. For some reason I cant ssh to the ASA while Im vpn'd in. Ive been staring at the config and trying different things for hours now, so I thought id post it here in case its something obvious. Thank you!

4 Replies 4

brettmilborrow
Level 1
Level 1

I take it you are trying to ssh to the inside interface and not the outside interface when vpn'd?

ssh traffic to the outside interface will not be encrypted as your split tunnel config does not cover the external interface.

ssh traffic is always encrypted. you just mean it won't go over the vpn. (just didn't want to confuse the OP).

dkuzmenkov
Level 1
Level 1

management-access if_name

for example:

management-access inside

This option is already set within the config.

To be honest, I'm not sure if having the same subnet on both sides - Outside and Inside would cause the problem. === ssh 10.80.0.0 255.255.0.0 inside === ssh 10.80.0.0 255.255.255.0 outside === My assumption is that you are suggesting that the address is coming from both in order to contact the management interface.

Best of luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: