cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSHv2 Support Matrix

kbehrens
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a link to a matrix that shows the minimum IOS/CATOS level needed by switch type, including the sup card type, to support SSHv2?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Does anyone have a link to a matrix that shows the minimum IOS/CATOS
level needed by switch type, including the sup card type, to support
SSHv2?

Hi,

I will recommend you to use Feature Navigator tool

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Once you have opened this click on Search by Feature and selecet SSH V2 from there and it will list you all the releases and platform on which your selecetd feature is supported.

and genrally  if you want to know if an image on a particular device supports SSH check the image name and look for "k9" anywhere within the name.  This is a code that appears in the CRYPTO enabled IOS images, which is what is needed for SSH.

Hope to help

If helpful do rate

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

ganesh is right.. you would need an advance or ip services image for SSH.. Let us know the model number and existing software, and we would be able to get a right IOS for you..

Im attaching a file for you, taken from feature navigator. you can have similar results for the platform you are having..

Hope this helps.. all the best

Raj

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Does anyone have a link to a matrix that shows the minimum IOS/CATOS
level needed by switch type, including the sup card type, to support
SSHv2?

Hi,

I will recommend you to use Feature Navigator tool

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Once you have opened this click on Search by Feature and selecet SSH V2 from there and it will list you all the releases and platform on which your selecetd feature is supported.

and genrally  if you want to know if an image on a particular device supports SSH check the image name and look for "k9" anywhere within the name.  This is a code that appears in the CRYPTO enabled IOS images, which is what is needed for SSH.

Hope to help

If helpful do rate

Ganesh.H

Thanks - that helped - I had been using another IOS feature tool and I had to select every single combination

of hardware, one at a time.

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

ganesh is right.. you would need an advance or ip services image for SSH.. Let us know the model number and existing software, and we would be able to get a right IOS for you..

Im attaching a file for you, taken from feature navigator. you can have similar results for the platform you are having..

Hope this helps.. all the best

Raj

Thanks - that's what I needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: