Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SSL for Self Care

Hello,

Is it possible to configure a SSL for self care portal, and if so does anyone know how this is done? our organization is requesting that this be done and I am not sure to accomplish this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

RicardoH4,

RicardoH4,

You can follow this guide considering you are using a SSL certificate on an ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/107956-renew-ssl.html

Hope this info helps!!

Rate if helps you!! 

-JP-

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi RicardoH4,

Hi 

Hope this info helps!!

Rate if helps you!! 

-JP-

Hello JP,

Hello JP,

What we are trying to do is to create a sign in portal where users do not need to continuously have to accept the certificate prior to accessing the portal. It seems that there is a mismatch between the certificate which is on the server and the login attempts. Our director wants this addressed

Cisco Employee

Hi RicardoH4,

Hi RicardoH4,

So considering you are using an SSL certificate for webvpn access and this certificate is actually a selfsigned certificate you need to install this certificate on each of the computers you are using to connect, if you have a 3rd party certificate you need to make sure you are using an URL that is actually on the certificate so you are going to avoid the untrusted message, if none of the information i just provided is helpful i guess we need more information:

what type of sign in portal?

is this a problem with certificate authentication or only with the SSL certificate applied to the interface of the "firewall"?

As much specific you are will be easier to help you.

Hope this info helps!!

Rate if helps you!! 

-JP-

Hello JP,

Hello JP,

Thanks for the info you provided...one more question, I will be using a third party certificate, and was wondering where on the server I would go to  import this certificate. I think that would be the final piece to the puzzle for me.

Cisco Employee

RicardoH4,

RicardoH4,

You can follow this guide considering you are using a SSL certificate on an ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/107956-renew-ssl.html

Hope this info helps!!

Rate if helps you!! 

-JP-

Thank you JP...cheers

Thank you JP...cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies