Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN and NAT 0

tvanginneken
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am setting up SSL vpn on an ASA v7.2. I am using the Cisco SSL VPN client. The client receives an IP address from a ip pool that I assigned to the ssl vpn clients. I am able to setup the ssl tunnel and I receive an IP address from the pool. Everything seems ok, but when I try to connect to a device behind the ASA, I get the error message that "no nat translation group" was found.

Now my question: is it necessary to configure a "nat 0" rule (like with IPSEC VPN clients) to make this work? Or should it also work without a "nat 0" rule?

When I configure a "nat 0" rule that matches the traffic, the packet from the vpn client makes it to the internal device, but the ASA does not seem to accept the return traffic from the inside device back into the tunnel to the SSL Client (and the routing is ok). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom

1 Reply 1

tvanginneken
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I found the problem. "Nat 0" is required when you use the SSL VPN client. Case closed.

Regards,

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: