cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ssl vpn with anyconnect

1snelson
Level 4
Level 4

I have ssl vpn with anyconnect working through an ASA. I need to change the default gateway that the client picks up after connecting, but can't find where to make the change. I can't even find where it is getting the current default gateway. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Stuart,

For encrypted traffic the DG is the SSL virtual adapter interface on the machine? You can't change this to my knowledge, it must work this way.

HTH>

That is what I would normally expect, however the default gateway that it is picking up is the address of my domain controller?

Then I would double check your configuration - unless you are connecting to the SSL VPN from inside your corp network?

HTH>

Agree with Andrew, DG is something you cannot change as it is virtualy assigned, unless indicated by Andrew.

Where is the tunnel terminated at inside, outside interfaces? I suspect you are probably using Webvpn Pool IP range scheme as an already used subnet from inside where your DC resides, if this is the case use a different private IP network for WebVPN tunnel group.

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

The tunnel is terminated on the outside interface. I am using a webvpn ip pool that is part of our internal subnet. I need to be able to point to an internal gateway that can direct traffic to all parts of our internal network.

OK - as long as you ASA/PIX has a route to an internal layer 3 routing device, you should have no issues.

HTH>

Thanks to both of you for pointing me in the right direction - it is working now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: