Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SSM-CSC issues

I am not certain this is the correct forum but here goes.  I am running an ASA 5520 and a couple of 5510s with the Trend Micro CSC module.  I just wanted to filter URLs and block malware. I actived the "standard" settings in the global-policy to check FTP, HTTP, SMTP, POP3  and then try to use the Trend interface to set up everything (minimal to start with). 

The results though are not good.   My connection to the internet becomes rubbish. 

I am unable to create TLS server to server connections until I removed port 25 from the global-policy (even though I had email scanning disabled in the module). 

I can't maintain ssh sessions over a site to site IPSec VPN to remote servers, using rsync is out of the question.  But ssh is not using ports that are supposed to be scanned or interfered with.

All in all either the CSC module seems to be unusable or the basic configuration needs to be tweaked.  I am at a loss to what needs to be done.  Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? and if so what did you do in the end?

Thanks

Charlie

Views
Helpful
Replies