Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

starting with Tacacs+ server

I'm planning to put security on my network,my point is i want to use tacacs+ server to allow users to get into the network.at the moment the only information I have is that i must configure a router with some AAA commands that doesnt worry me,but on which router on my netwok must I configer the AAA and the tcacs+ commands?do I need a separate router to configure this .in the server what must I install for this machine to enable the tacacs+ to work what I know is that I will be using a machine running win NT.what do I have to purchase from cisco .please advise step by step it wil be helpfull

Thank you

2 REPLIES

Re: starting with Tacacs+ server

You must be refering to dial-in users. Use Radius protocol.

If you want network WAN administrator to be allowed to get into your network & make some router configuration changes etc. then use TACACS+

For both above you require

ACS version 3.0 - Cisco Product to be installed on NT 4.00 (Build 1381)

Service pack 6 (128 bit high encryption) & Internet Explorer 5.5.50.4807.2300

For dialin users you will have to configure aaa commands on the router from where your users are calling.

For network administrator you have to configure all routers as aaa clients & also configure on ACS 3.0 TACACS+

Hop I hv answered yr query do write in case u hv furhter clarification

Re: starting with Tacacs+ server

Hi

I will first try this,I think it will be helpful and if I get stuck I will post to you

but my further question will be what is a NAS and what is it for because I read they were taking about this is it an abriviation?

Thank you

Mashruwala

Views
Helpful
Replies