Views
Helpful
Replies

stateful failover en pix 525

arturo.reyna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody:

I´m trying to configure stateful failover in my pix firewall 525, I have inside, outside, and dmz ports and other fastethernert ports, I´m using failover serial cable and 1 fastethernet interface for stateful.

It seems it´s working but when I disconnect interfaces, shutdown, or power down the active unit the syandby unit doesn´t take the connections and xlates.

My connectiones go down and fail, I tested with telnet, ftp , http.

After that If I try to connect my session It work ok.

I tried with a crossover cable and then with a switch in a dedicated vlan in both at 100 full, I have tested with a 3 seconds poll rate and the result is the same.

I think it is not working well because I have worked with a serial failover cable and I don´t see advantages with stateful.

Can you help me? What issues can i check?

My version is 6.2.1 and I tried with a 6.1.4

Thank you, I will really aprecciate your help.

1 Reply 1

steve.barlow
Level 7
Level 7

Does your config look something like this:

failover poll 15

failover ip address outside x.x.x.x

failover ip address inside 10.15.0.254

failover ip address DMZ1 192.168.7.2

failover ip address stateful 172.16.1.2

failover link stateful

The key one is the last, "failover link". Make sure thta interface is your failover interface. Also, set the speed of the Stateful Failover dedicated interface to 100full for a Fast Ethernet interface or 1000fullsx for a Gigabit Ethernet interface. If you hadn't triedwith 2 versions I would have thought it could be a bug but...

Any errors on the "show failover" command? May help to post your config as well (minus passwords/IPs/etc).

Hope it helps.

Steve

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card