cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stateful filtering

joapplewhaite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a system that we have to install for the police department called LOCATER. This is something similar to the "Amber Alert" system now in use in many states. They are requiring that that ports 25, 80, 110, 389 be open to address 208.254.21.150. If I have the LOCATER workstation on the inside of the pix, will stateful filtering take care of this or do I have to do something different.

Do I have to do anything different to allow LDAP and POP3 traffic through?

1 Reply 1

shannong
Level 4
Level 4

Will the LOCATER system be accessed on the ports listsed above from that address (inbound)? Or does the LOCATER system need access to the IP address given on those ports (outbound)?

If inbound, the outside access-list will need to allow that IP address to access those ports. Also, you'll need a [static] statement to make it permanently available.

If outbound, nat/global or static statements will provide the access necessary unless you have an access-list on the inside interface preventing this traffic from going out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: