cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static commands

joey
Level 1
Level 1

The host with ip address 172.17.2.1 can not connect to the internet nor can I connect to it remotely using PCAnywhere. If the host uses any other ip address on the inside network that is not statically assigned it can get to the internet with no problem.

Please see the configuration file for the PIX.

6 Replies 6

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

IP address 172.17.2.1 is IP of PIX inside interface you cannot address with this IP server on inside network.. You can access to PC remotely because you are on same subnet so gefautl gateway has no role in this issue... Please DONT USE IP of PIX interface for host on inside network.......

BTW show full running configuration on public forum is something NON ACCEPTABLE from security point of view...

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I just had a quick look at your config.

The ip address 172.17.2.1 is assigned for the pix inside interface. Hence you cannot use this for any host in the inside network.

Kindly clarify whether the ip that you have mentioned is the correct one with which you were experience problems.

-VJ

Oh sorry guys, the ip address of the host that is having the problem is 172.17.2.25.

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

TO THE MODIRATOR - CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE OUT THE CONFIGURATION POSTED.

TO: joey@jc-consulting.com

YOU SHOULD NEVER POST 'LIVE' CONFIG ON A PUBLIC FORUM FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!!

Jay

fausto-oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Did you issued a clear XLATE after you configured the Static ?

when you do a : debug packet outside 193.219.222.243

do you see any output ?

PS - By the way I think you should use access-list instead of conduit it is more secure and allows you to have a fine grain aproach to network security.

PS2 - I agree with our fellow coleagues you shouldn't post the complete configuration and e-mail conversation regarding anything related to your security, always obscure any IP's, ACL content, users and password. If need replace the real IP addresses by fictional ones.

Thanks, I did issue a clear xlate. I will try to use debug and see if I see any output. How can I remove the config file?