Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Strange case!

I have configured Cisco877W, i can use both wireless and wired access to the internet through ADSL.

My PC (wired access) can browse the internet with some restrictions!

imagine that i can't browse hotmail.com microsoft.com or using MSN messenger.

My laptop (Wireless access) can do any browse any thing at the web including MSN messenger, i used the Cisco877w LAN ports to connect my laptop (same connection with the same port for MY PC) to test, everything is OKAY. very strange!

I used the sniffer to see what is happening at my PC, there is some thing strange, which is SMB "Server Message Block", i used microsoft (from my laptop) to download SMB patch, and then install it at my PC, without any success.

BVI interface is used to combine both VLAN and dot11Radio0 interfaces at the Cisco 877w.

By the way, if i connect my PC to our enterprise network, i can browse these sites and also using MSN messenger (Cisco PIX firewall is installed).

At my Cisco877w, i configured IOS firewall and IPS, but without any progress!

Really, i spend more than one week to discover and try to solve it, but sorry i didn't, but i will try more and more!

Could anyone try to help me, or in other words faced this problem?

Thanks in advance

Abd Alqader

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Strange case!

i suspect it could be a n MTU issue, please add the following command to the ethernet interface where you will be performing tests:

ip tcp-adjust mss 1400

You can add this command without causing any interruption of service.

Bronze

Re: Strange case!

Hi,

I solved it. it seems security options enabled by default at the dialer "outside" interface.

I used Cisco SDM to reset the router to the factory settings and configure it with SDM and without enabling security features at the dialer interface.

By the way, i used the MTU option with no success.

Thanks for your reply

Abd Alqader

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.