Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange CPPr Behaviour

babanonyme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I try to play with CPPr and I came with the following to drop all packets to closed ports except RIP:

class-map type port-filter match-all closed

match  closed-ports

class-map type port-filter match-any validPorts

match  port udp 520

policy-map type port-filter PortPMAP

class validPorts

log

class closed

drop

control-plane host

service-policy type port-filter input PortPMAP

and that works fine, now, if I remove the log action of validPorts, I stop receiving RIP updates (checked with debug ip RIP) and my routes eventually become removed on routing table.

Per this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6642/prod_white_paper0900aecd804fa16a.html

policy-map copp-policy

class coppclass-bgp

< no operation specified since this class has unrestricted access to route processor >

So I would expect that even with no log my traffic should be permitted.

Is this a bug, or did I missed something ?

I am running on

R3(config)#do sh ver  | i IO

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.1(3)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think you're running into this problem because RIP uses brodcasts. Try enabling RIPv2 and specifiying a neighbor. That will enable RIP to use multicast. This would need to be done on each router.

Hope it helps.

Hi Collin,

I already have RIPv2. When I have the log action, I see packets to 224.0.0.9, it's just for some reason if I do not put a log action packets looks droppped.

As a workaround I can do

class-map type port-filter match-all closed

match  closed-ports

match not udp 520

But that is strange... Maybe i'll try a differnet IOS version if I have some time.

I can try it in the lab tonight too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: