Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with VPN over ADSL between two Cisco 827 routers....

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why my site to site (not dial up) VPN over a 2MB ADSL refuses to work correctly unless the Cisco VPN client (Deterministic Network Enhancer) is installed on the desktops in use?

The tunnel is set up correctly and everything checks out when viewing the crypto ipsec sa, NAT translations, stats, etc. Pings and trace routes work perfectly through the tunnel and all required traffic is being encrypted & decrypted as required.

My problem is - if the Cisco VPN client is not installed on the desktops in questions everything else except pings and trace routes time out. The IOS in question is 12.2. I have even reduced the encryption from 3DES to DES in case that was causing the problem. After spending nearly two weeks trying to fix this I am now nearly convinced that there is a bug within the IOS affecting ADSL traffic, as I have previous VPN running over leased lines using Cisco routers & a PIX with no problems at all.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Andy

2 REPLIES
fc

Re: Strange problem with VPN over ADSL between two Cisco 827 rou

Hello, Andy -

Could you attach the configurations from the two Cisco 827's?

Thanks,

F C Wood

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Strange problem with VPN over ADSL between two Cisco 827 rou

It's Ok thanks. It's been solved. It was the "no ip unreachables" command on the inside interface interfering with MTU size. A nice chap on the Experts Exchange web site pointed me in the right direction.

Cheers

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content