Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Strange rule creation problem

Hi,

When I create a rule on a PIX 515 (v7.1(2) and asdm 5.1(2)) relating to destination "any" strange things happen.

For example a rule from "inside any to outside any" is created. I then apply, save and refresh the asdm and the rule has changed to "inside any to DMZ any" - this rule is in the place and working albeit to the DMZ.

Then re-applying the rule to "inside any to outside any" seems to make the rule effective to the outside interface; however it is still displayed as "DMZ".

All this takes place in the GUI.

Not sure what to check, all the access-lists seem ok - one thing I will point out is that we have recently reassigned interfaces to enable a IP schema change over. But all the access-lists etc. followed the interfaces. Worth bearing in mind that the DMZ interface was NOT previously the outside interface.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Robin.

Further investigations show this to be an issue (by design??) with the concept of the "any" parameter. When I select outside:any is would seem it puts "any" in the rule and DMZ is displayed because this is alphabetically first?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Strange rule creation problem

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content