cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sudden Reboot with PIX515E-UR Firewall

yangmin
Level 1
Level 1

Recently, we purchased one PIX515E-UR with one FO. During the testing stage, the primary firewall suddenly reboots itself, and the error message is "Nested traceback attempted via interrupt". After rebooting, it just hanged. Even power off and power on again, the firewall just hanged there. After about 20 minutes, power off and power on again, the firewall returns to the normal status. Check on the internet, only one incident was reported by another guy on PIX520.

Anyone knows what is the reason causing this? Is it related to PIXOS. My PIXOS version is 6.3(1), PIX Device Manager Version is 3.0(1).

4 Replies 4

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

pix os 6.3x is still classified as a ED release- early deployment, while 6.2 is classified as general deployment. You might want to upgrade to 6.33, or revert to a 6.2 series OS. You might want to open a case with CCO, or check the bug utility to see if that is a known issue.

Hi, Mostiguy, thank you very much for your info. May i know whether you have encountered the similar problem before, or you also heard about the similar problem before? Tried to find the reason in the bug utility, but could not find the relevant one.

cihan
Level 1
Level 1

Yang was this issue resolved ? if not and if you opened a case please email me the case #. I would suggest you upgrade the both PIXen.There might be some other issues involved. Let me know. you can email at:

cihan@cisco.com

Hi, Cihan. Thanks a lot for your care. The issue has not been resolved, and it became worse now. The firewall just rebooted itself during the weekend, and it even could not be manully booted up. The power is on, but all the ethernet ports LEDs are off, and i could not access to the firewall through console. I have asked my vendor Datacraft to investigate this issue for me. However, if you have any information, please let me know. Much appreciate your help!