cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch port timer

m-heard
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with users moving and not notifying the LAN shop to disable the port. Is there a command or a set of commands that will automatically disable a port if the port doesn't see traffic for so many days.

//signed//

Michael

4 Replies 4

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Michael,

You can try feature called Port Security Aging. But it is for idle status. It allows you to specify the aging time for individual port to age out access after the time (inactivity in minutes) specified lapses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800da706.html#wp1042259

Rgds,

AK

I'm currently using this feature. But it will just clear out a MAC addresses after the specified time has expired.

Is there a feature that will actually disable a port when there hasn't been any activity after so many minutes?

//signed//

Michael

Is there any other way to get ports automatically turned off or isolated from my production network besides DVLAN. My network has an extremely high port count, so DVLAN wouldn't be easy for me to implement. Are there any other methods to secure unused ports?