cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching from FR network to T1 + VPN -> Any tips?

l.jansson
Level 1
Level 1

My company has one main office (50 workstations + 6 servers), 5 FR-connected branch offices all over USA (20-30 workstations each) and in my city 17 additional small offices (3-5 workstations), all of those connected through dialup lines. In a total over 200 workstations that use corporate email, and even more important: our propritary sale/management program. This application is installed nearly everywhere, it is an old 16-bit program, that needs to send automatic reports to a central database every night. Does this sound familiar to You? An old app, nearly impossible to remove, stealing more and more WAN bandwidth. WOW! Well I finally got approval to get T1-lines to every large office, and DSL to all the small ones, so right now in the beginning of my planning and implementation process, I would highly value all tips and ideas about what to avoid and what to think of, as well as all suggestions of IOS configuration. I am a certified CCNA, so IOS is no problem. Please do not take this as my cheap and easy way through, because I am alone on this, and I have nobody to play my ideas with! Thank You !

2 Replies 2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to speak with a design engineer at your local Cisco office or reseller. You can locate your local Cisco representative from this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/servpro/contact.html

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

jeffb
Level 1
Level 1

I'm assuming you're looking at a VPN to each branch office. Could you elaborate more on what you're looking to do? Are you currently working with a network integrator on your implementation? You can e-mail me at jeffb@netcat.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: