Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Switching from FR network to T1 + VPN -> Any tips?

My company has one main office (50 workstations + 6 servers), 5 FR-connected branch offices all over USA (20-30 workstations each) and in my city 17 additional small offices (3-5 workstations), all of those connected through dialup lines. In a total over 200 workstations that use corporate email, and even more important: our propritary sale/management program. This application is installed nearly everywhere, it is an old 16-bit program, that needs to send automatic reports to a central database every night. Does this sound familiar to You? An old app, nearly impossible to remove, stealing more and more WAN bandwidth. WOW! Well I finally got approval to get T1-lines to every large office, and DSL to all the small ones, so right now in the beginning of my planning and implementation process, I would highly value all tips and ideas about what to avoid and what to think of, as well as all suggestions of IOS configuration. I am a certified CCNA, so IOS is no problem. Please do not take this as my cheap and easy way through, because I am alone on this, and I have nobody to play my ideas with! Thank You !

2 REPLIES

Re: Switching from FR network to T1 + VPN -> Any tips?

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to speak with a design engineer at your local Cisco office or reseller. You can locate your local Cisco representative from this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/servpro/contact.html

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Re: Switching from FR network to T1 + VPN -> Any tips?

I'm assuming you're looking at a VPN to each branch office. Could you elaborate more on what you're looking to do? Are you currently working with a network integrator on your implementation? You can e-mail me at jeffb@netcat.com

Views
Helpful
Replies