Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SYMANTEC 10 with NAC

Hi,

I have a problem with a Windows XP station with SP2 in the NAC DOT1X environment. I've already installed the SYMANTEC ADF file in ACS with success.

After I've installed the SYMANTEC client v. 10.1.0.394 in the XP station, it don't put any file and directory \Program Files\Common Files\PostureAgent\Plugins\Install.

So, CTA client can't read the files into the directory to indentify the attributes of SYMANTEC to send to ACS 4.0.

The Posture Validation of OS, service packs and hotfixes works fine in the NAC solution. I'm just have problem with the SYMANTEC.

Does anyone can help me?

Tks

3 REPLIES

Re: SYMANTEC 10 with NAC

Hi,

I found the solution.

You have to install the Symantec PostureApplication that is at folder \SymSentry on Symantec Installation CD-ROM.

Tks

Hi!

If I did undersand well, you need to install Symantec Client Security Posture Plugin, which can be found on Symantec Corporate AV installation media.

Can you share what ADF file have you used? On CD can be found only AVPs for Symantec FW and one more thing I can't remember, but AFAIK it's not AV, and both unsupported.

So second problem is you have possibly wrong AVPs installed.

However, I am not Symantec guru, maybe I am wrong. Mybe someone else could clarify, or tell us where to find Symantec docs for Cisco NAC, because I didn't find anything.

Enjoy!

Astib

Hi,

I'm testing Cisco NAC now, can you tell me how can I get the symantec ADF file?

Tks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content