Views
Helpful
Replies

SysLog and Config Question

mark.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

My Syslogs are getting flooded with the following message:

%PIX-3-305005: No translation group found for udp src outside:62.153.65.203/62431 dst dmz:213.61.190.1/53

Now according to the PIX syslog messages it means:

%PIX-3-305005: No translation group found for <protocol> src <interface>:<IP_addr>/<port> dst <int_name>:<IP_addr>/<port>.

Explanation An outbound packet does not match any of the outbound nat rules.

Action This message signals a configuration error. If dynamic NAT is desired for the source host, ensure that the nat command matches the source IP address. If static NAT is desired for the source host, ensure that the local IP address of the static command matches. If no NAT is desired for the source host, check the access-list bound to the nat 0 access-list.

OK, I think I understand the explanation, but for the fact the DMZ interface has been shutdown for the last 6 months, I don’t know this other IP address so it's not in my access-list and finally we have no DNS servers on our network.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Oh if you need more info just ask.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

jekrauss
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you already understand the issue - you are apparently receiving dns requests for a dns server that doesn't exist, and for which you don't have a translation.

Ideas:

1) Contact the source of these dns requests and ask them why they're sending these dns requests to you.

2) If these suddenly began (as opposed to you just starting looking at these and just found them), then you might capture a sniffer trace (free sniffer software available at ethereal.com) and see if these are legitimate DNS requests.

HTH

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

Thought that might be the case, just wanted someone to confirm what I was thinking.

Cheers :o)

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: