do Cisco have a tool, syslog viewer og report generator, if cisco got

a tool where can i get it

Regards

Benny

7 REPLIES

Re: Syslog tool

You can get the PIX firewall syslog server here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix

You may also wish to consider www.opensystems.com if you want more advanced reporting. If you have a lot of firewalls, IDS and/or HIDS you may wish to try www.netforensics.com

Hope this helps,

Brian

I know i can get the syslog server, but it was a syslog viewer or a report generator i was asking for

Benny

I am pretty sure cisco doesn't. Two companies that come to mind are Network Intelligence and e-Security that have products that can do this for you (one is high end and the other is almost plug and play for smaller shops). However they aren't free, but then again I don't think there are any products that will have reports that are free. Syslog yes, but not reporting.

Hope it helps.

Steve

What about Websense?

Check out ReportGen by RnR software. I haven't used it in a few months, but they used to pull kiwi syslog format and provide nice reporting on that.

Have fun!

Nice tool, and great price. However, it only handles PIX (and some other full featured firewalls). Does anyone know of a similar tool that will generate reports for ios acl syslog messages?

Thanks,

Chris

Check out Solarwinds.net Network Management Tools. If you can affors the Engineer Edition ~$1300, get it. It has a lot of usefull tools for Cisco shops. Syslog server is just one of the many.

RobertG...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content