Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TACACS-Profile for PPP Callback Client?

Hi,

in short:

I search for a tacacs-attribute that allows my router to request a callback from the other PPP-router.

I have a Cisco3640 with ISDN-PrimaryRate and many PPP-users authenticated via TACACS-user profiles on a Cisco Secure Server Unix 2.3.x.

For most of the profiles this router makes callback (eg. for teleworkers) using TACACS-Attribute "callback-dialstring".

But now I have the case that an external company should pay all the costs of the ISDN-connection to us. (we are also dialing to this company)

My router should be always the callback-client for this connection. I do not really know how to say my router to request a callback from the other router via TACACS (attribute for callback-client??).

Anybody who knows how to make something similar to "ppp callback request" via TACACS for only one user profile?

Kind Regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES

Re: TACACS-Profile for PPP Callback Client?

Re: TACACS-Profile for PPP Callback Client?

Hi,

I have already found this document.

But I think it shows only the variant where the router next to the tacacs-server makes the callback and not the other way round where the remote router makes callback.

I would like to have the tacacs-server request a callback from the other remote router by sending the local router something like "ppp callback request".

So what I like to configure is that my router accepts a callback for some users and also initiates a callback for some other users.

Anybody who knows if this is possible with TACACS and only one router/pri?

Kind Regards,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies