sumeer-bhat
Level 1
Level 1

How to implement TACACS+ security on my network

2 Replies 2

shabib.syed
Level 1
Level 1

Well, TACACS+ is an access control protocol. I am using Cisco Secure ACS for NT using TACACS+. It gives u control over user authentication and authorization. Also for my dialup userz and VPN client this helps for being the single point of authentication using existing NT account database. Now how would u like to use TACACS+. Maybe i can help you.

arslan_s
Level 1
Level 1

Tacacs+ (Terminal Access Controller Access Plus) is a protocol that implements scalable AAA security solution for a network. You can install and configure Tacacs+ server to manage access to your network resources for every type of user (packet and char. mode).

Cisco has two products that implements tacacs+. One is Cisco secure and other is a unix tacacs+ deamon available free of cost but unsupported by cisco. Cisco secure is latest product with new feautres, easy GUI based configuration and its also supported by cisco.

For more information about tacacs+ read Cisco IOS security configuration guide available on CCO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: