Views
Helpful
Replies

TCP/IP stack gets knocked off after installing VPN client 3.6.x

ctinajero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

After installing either VPN client version 3.6.1 or 3.6.3, TCP/IP gets knocked off. Ipconfig only displays "Windows IP Configuration." None of the adapters shows up.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Carlos Tinajero/CCNA

IBM Toronto Lab Software

4 Replies 4

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carlos,

Kindly make sure that the Client is not being installed over the Network, the installer should be copied to the machine and then installed as the shim is added to the Network layer and would cause issues being installed over the network

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aamir Waheed,

Cisco Systems, Inc.

-=-=-

Hi Aamir,

The client is NOT installed over the network. No idea what "shim" is as you indicate in your reply. Maybe a typo?

The client is copied on the target machine and after rebooting TCP/IP gets wacked. I have three cases with this problem. One of them, I fixed by applying SP1 (XP). The other one, by removing the client, disabling/enabling TCP/IP, and re-installing the client. The last one, I had to re-image (Ouch!!). I think it is DNE that is causing this and other problems I am experiencing (i.e.machine does not standby).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Carlos T.

CCNA, IBM Toronto Lab

Any fix to this....I have the same problem.

Hello there,

Nothing...buu!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: